Ocean Park // Hong Kong

by - 1:07 AM


A few months ago, my sister insisted on going to the Ocean Park at Hong Kong. The tickets were pricey like the ones at Disneyland; but it was all worth it. You should drop by the Ocean Park if you ever tour Hong Kong. 


Here's my sister holding her ticket. 

Ticket Prices vary at: 
Daytime - Adult - HK$ 385.00

Daytime - Child - HK$ 193.00 



    

First off, we went searching for the cable cars. I had no idea why because I didn't really do any research about the parks - all thanks to my thesis papers that need to be done. 
We didn't get to tour the Grand Aquarium because of the Cable Cars. We didn't even know it was right in front of us. hahaha
Anyway, the cable car ride took about 15 minutes to get to the other side of the park. It's not that scary at all. It was too slow . . . and there are sudden noises and bumps but it's all good. There’s also a train ride to get over the other side, but the view looks great from above. It’s your choice though.


My sister also insisted to buy something edible. I was hungry too - I haven't eaten since we flew out of the Philippines. So we bought one pack of Grilled Squid for HK$43. I wanted another but it was too expensive. haha.

***

POLAR ADVENTURE


Polar Adventure is like a mini-tour to the North and South Poles. It is where walruses, spotted seals, arctic foxes, penguins and other animals are located.





That pun though.


hello there, take me with you.
(Pst. Follow me on Instagram too!)



***



And this is one of the souvenir shops inside the park. The items were really pricey. If I'm not mistaken, these small keychains cost HK$30 to HK$60. Plushies were at HK$150 and above.
I bought a penguin for myself. I had forgotten to convert it before buying.
I purchased it for HK$200. . . So it costs about P1,200 in the Philippines.
But it's so adorable. How can you not buy a penguin plushie?


***

OCEAN THEATRE 

It is one of the must-see attractions of the park, where dolphins and sea lions are the stars of the show. My sister wanted to see/watch the dolphins. . . She even insisted sitting on the first few rows. hehe. We almost didn't make it to the 5PM show. The park is too huge and too easy to get lost - especially if you don't have any maps with you.




***
SHARK MYSTIQUE


Sharks and Rays are seen at Shark Mystique.
It was too dark and the place itself smells really... weird. No offense to sharks out there. lol.
But it's really cool because you get to see the scary sharks close... not unless you're searching all over Sydney for your son, Nemo - then you get to see them anytime you want. hahaha!

***

We didn't get to tour around the whole park; we didn't even get on the exciting rides. lol.
It was almost 7 PM; we were tired.
I wanted to see the Sea Jellies but we didn't know where it was.
If you're planning an adventure to Ocean Park HK, you might as well buy a Day Two ticket.

I guess that ends our blogpost.
See you on my next one! :)

All the love,
Nikka. 

You May Also Like

0 comments