Hong Kong 2018 // Day One - Ngong Ping

by - 4:58 AM

Last May, we went to Hong Kong to celebrate my 18th birthday. (which was... a few months late. but hey, I'm thankful about that.)

We were outside by 3 A.M, waiting for our Grab driver to pick us up. Then waited for a few hours for our 7 A.M flight, if I'm not mistaken. We arrived at Hong Kong around 10 A.M.
My mom DIY-ed this trip. We didn't get any "tour" or "guides" because it's too pricey, too time-consuming (if that's the right term) and too hectic. We wouldn't enjoy the trip if we kept on rushing things, right?
Our apartment was somewhere in Wan Chai. We rode a bus that has... B11(?) on it.


The Bus. (Has wifi too! You won't be bored hehe)


We waited too long for the caretaker. We found the apartment by ourselves. We even bought a simcard so that we could contact the caretaker. We were hungry and tired, and were still carrying our heavy backpacks. We couldn't get inside the apartment without her. I think it almost took us an hour to get in. (Thanks, man.)
When we got to our room, we all had the same reaction: "Wow."
I didn't get to take pictures of the room but it was soooo small. We had a bunk bed. I was supposed to sleep on the deck but.. I got cold and my parents said that it didn't seem safe to. Knowing myself, I'd probably end up on the floor. 
We went to McDonalds (which is about a few blocks away from our apartment) before going to Ngong Ping/Lantau Island to see Buddha.

Photo taken when we were walking around. (If I'm not mistaken.)

Cable Car to Ngong Ping!


 

We didn't get to go near the Tian Tan Buddha because it was already 5 P.M. The Cable Cars are only til 6 in the evening. It was really foggy and cold when we were on our way back. My phone died too, I was thinking it was because of the coldness. lol.

We were supposed to go to Victoria Peak but it was raining. So we've decided to walk around the IFC Mall and the streets.

Felt like Christmas.



Day Two was definitely better than Day One. I'll be blogging about it next.
Thank you for reading! :) 
See you later.

You May Also Like

0 comments